- Feature Links
- Garage/Personal Property Sales
Garage/Personal Property Sales
Garage, estate, and personal property sales within the City of Highland Heights require a permit and are regulated by Codified Ordinance. A permit must be obtained in person at City Hall, 5827 Highland Road (Administrative Department), prior to the sale. City Hall hours are Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
The cost of a permit is $15.00, by cash or check payable to the City of Highland Heights. In addition to ordinance regulations, the following rules and regulations apply to the operation of a garage/personal property sale:
- Sales are prohibited on Sundays and holidays.
- No sale may begin before 9:00 a.m. and must end by 7:00 p.m.
- Each sale is permitted to last no more than three days.
- No more than two (2) permits/sales are allowed per address, within a twelve month period.
- Signs are only permitted for display on the property where the actual sale is to be held. Signs at any other location are strictly prohibited.
- Signs may be posted (as specified above) not more than one hour before the start of the sale and must be removed no later than one hour after the sale.
- Personal property offered for sale may be displayed within the residence, in a garage, or outside of the garage (only on the driveway area and within ten feet of the garage door opening.
- Additional information regarding the placement of goods and a copy of the permit is located on the permit application available at City Hall.
Current and Upcoming Garage Sales in our City
As a resident of Highland Heights., you have the opportunity to have information about your sale listed on our website. The information posted on our website will only include the date, times, and address of the sale, along with a brief description of the goods for sale. No other personal information will be posted or made available.
You may accept or decline the opportunity to have information about your sale posted on our website when you complete the Personal Property Sale Application/Permit Form and return to City Hall.