The City of Highland Heights will once again be offering the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program, beginning 6/13/22 - 6/24/22 from 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. daily and Saturday, 6/25/22 from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Residents may bring their items to the Service Department for collection.
Acceptable items are as follows:
- Adhesives, roof tar, driveway sealer
- Automotive fluids, motor oil
- Compact flourescent light bulbs
- Car batteries
- Flourescent lighting tubes
- Household cleaners
- Kerosene, gasoline, lighter fluid
- Oil or solvent based paint, sealers, primers, or coatings (NO LATEX PAINT)
- Paint thinner, mineral spirits, turpentine
- Pesticides, herbicides, fungicides
- Varnishes, polyurethane, shellacs
Latex paint, batteries and flourescent bulbs are not accepted in this program. Propane tanks, fire extinguishers, and helium or oxygen tanks can be recycled at local retail locations or scrap metal yards. For more information regarding recyclable materials, please visit the Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District website.